Whiny post about pre-college experience
2012: Year in Review
- Got accepted to quite a few colleges that I would go to
- Sort of figured out what I want to do with my life
- Lost a few friends, but gained a bunch of good ones
- Became even closer to my best friends
- Got my driver’s license
- Stopped caring about dumb boy(s)
- Became much better friends with a few people from Tumblr
- Stopped being so scared and introverted
- Got much better control of my anxiety
- Read a bunch of books that I wanted to read
- Got my GPA back up to where I wanted it
- Stopped caring about people that don’t care about me
It’s been a good year overall.
I feel so good when I introduce new books/authors to people and they end up loving them. Whenever I get a new book, I’m always excited to share it with someone.
I love buying/making gifts for people that I love. You find the perfect thing for them, and it really shows how much you care. Awh I love this time of year.
In three days I find out if I got into Brown (the website application portal has changed so I no longer see the components of my application or anything, it just has a box where the admission decision goes BYE). I mean if I don’t get in, I’ve gotten into my safety schools and I can still apply to other places before the January deadlines. So I’m just sitting here waiting.
Got into Penn State for Pre Med! I’m changing to Bio but whatever. I got into University Park (Main Campus) too. That’s two for two so far.
Race/ethnicity is so weird. Within three generations back, I’m a mix of Jamaican, Guyanese, Indian, Chinese, and French.
You know I’m really proud of how I’ve matured and the person I’ve become over the course of highschool. I actually have real friends now, and I’m comfortable with myself, in every sense of the phrase.
My interview went really well. She really liked me, and we basically just had a good conversation for 45 minutes. I’m happy with it.
If we follow each other and you post something sad or feel bad about yourself I usually reblog something cute and inspirational out of reflex for you